The Spaz Says

My life is boring! I'll waste you time with a little of this, a little of that, and a whole bunch of nothing!

Friday, February 26, 2010

To be 30 years old and still have all four of my Grandparents living, I know I am blessed.  Really.

Gma that I talk the most often about on here, is Mom's mom.  She is 81 years old.  Gma was literally HOURS away from death back in Fall of 2006, so the past few years with her, haven't been taken for granted at all.  She is one of the sweetest ladies in the world and would do anything for anyone if she could.  She has been through so much in her life, her strength amazes me.

Gpaw, that would be Mom's dad.  He's in his late 70's.  I don't have anything that nice to say about him.  I have often said "My life will be better when he's dead."  I know that's not true now, but there has been so much pain caused by him, to me, to my Mom, to her siblings, to my Gma.  Where I do not like the man, I am still blessed to know him & the history and stories he has.

Gma & Gpa...Dad's parents.  Gma is 75 and Gpa is a few years older.  They are the best!  They are two of my favorite people in the world.  Gma is my favorite cook.  Gpa is a great golfer.  They are still very active for their ages.  I enjoy every second I spend with them.  They were hugely instrumental in my upbringing. 

My Gma & Gpa have called a few times this week, trying to figure out when they can come visit before Dad's birthday (March 16), they are making a big deal out of it.  Well, we finally got to the bottom of it.  Gma's eyes are going bad so she can't drive anymore.  She feels like Gpa is slowing down.  She is afraid they are dying.  (Hello, we are all slowly dying)  Having figured this out, makes sense but it makes me sad. 

Remember life is short, life is precious.

God is love.

1 Comments:

At Saturday, March 06, 2010 9:43:00 AM, Blogger Princess PinkLady said...

Everyday, I miss my grandparents. I took them for granted while they were alive. I wish I would of taken more time to know them better. My grandmother was an amazing woman. She taught me so much. I think about her constantly and miss her more than anyone can imagine. I'd give anything for a hug and kiss from her again. She passed right after my wedding to Jim.

:-*( I miss her so much...

 

Post a Comment

<< Home