The Spaz Says

My life is boring! I'll waste you time with a little of this, a little of that, and a whole bunch of nothing!

Saturday, July 09, 2005

Ring Of Fire

Thursday morning when I woke up, I put on my great Fox 2 news, for my all local morning newscast...cause all I care about in the morning is the traffic and weather. Well, they weren't the slightest bit concerned with local news and it was all about the horrible terrorist attacks in London. Stupid jerkball terrorist! Really, we need to start WINNING this war on terrorism. My heart breaks for all those who are dealing with the newest attacks in a much closer manner then I am.

About 12 hours later, I get a phone call from ST. He sounds terrible. It was obvious something was wrong. It was a short conversation again, partly because I was walking into Target and would most likely lose my signal, partly because the news he gave me shook me more then I thought it would, and partly because I know I've got a guard up with him. (The last probably 5 times he's called, we haven't talked for more then 3 minutes each time...I'm busy usually, his timing stinks, and that guard)

Anyways...the convo goes like this:

T: What's WRONG ST?
ST: Aaaa...I'm just leaving the funeral home.
T: Who died?
ST: #5's Dad.
T: #5's DAD? WHAT? #5's DAD?
ST: Yeah T, #5's Dad had a heart attack on Saturday, #5 is a mess. Just thought I should tell you.
T: OMG. I feel terrible for #5 & his family.
ST: Another thing, I'm going to Europe tomorrow.
T: Europe just got bombed by terrorism and you are going there NOW?
ST: I'm going to The Netherlands, for work, for a week. I'll be fine.
T: I'm walking into Target, I've gotta let you go now.

#5 is a very good friend, hockey buddy of ST. I've known #5 for just about as long as I've known ST. All of ST's hockey buddies are GREAT people. They all are in the smart part of the world that consists of Good Guys! #5 (yes, more often then not, he's called #5 not his real name) #5 comes from a super close tight family. (his ex & I had the same headaches of dating not only Momma's boys...but just guys that were so close to their families it seemed weird) #5's Dad wasn't that old at all. My heart just breaks for #5, his little bro and his Mom.
ST's going to Europe. We all know I care & love (not like that, anymore) ST more then I probably should. Why does he have to go to another continent when that continent just got attacked? Why does he have to go to another continent in general? I like my friends and family at least in the same CONTINENT as me!

Laundry is NOT my friend.

That's all she wrote.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home