The Spaz Says

My life is boring! I'll waste you time with a little of this, a little of that, and a whole bunch of nothing!

Sunday, July 30, 2006

Still Life

Shell's wedding shower (the wedding I'm standing up in, in Sept) was yesterday. It went a million times better then I was anticipating. I made it thru it panic attack free (which was a big challenge considering I was walking out the door as my Dad was putting my dead kitten in a box, so I wasn't calm to start with!) I actually ENJOYED myself. It really helps in all regards, that everyone standing up in the wedding has known each other a long time, we all are friends. Shell is the most laid back & organized bride ever is a huge plus too!

I got home & the wedding invitations were in the mailbox. This was a HUGE reminder that I can't control the actions, thoughts, or feelings of others. Jo didn't get invited. My parents did, but Jo didn't. A thousand times over, I would have expected Jo to be invited...WAY before my parents. Shell has always went out of her way to include Jo in things. Whatever Shell's reason...Jo isn't invited. I can't make Shell invite her. Jo has a right to have hurt feelings. My parents can choose to not go to the wedding over this. Everyone in my house went out of their way to make me feel like crap about it yesterday. I'm still trying to hold out a little faith that Jo's invite will arrive Monday. Either way...I can't control Shell not inviting Jo. I can't control Jo having hurt feelings. I can't control Mom & Dad not going to the wedding. AND, I'm NOT going to feel bad about the situation, its NOT my issue!

Jo & I went to a cool concert at the campgrounds last night. One of the groups that was listed, didn't sing, which stunk...but that's life. It was GREAT! Then afterwards, we went back to our David's Friends teacher's campsite and talked & ate s'mores. From the girl that didn't want this lady to take over, I'm so thankful that I've gotten close to her. She's an amazing person, her husband is cooler then I though, and her extended family on both sides is cool too! Jo & I should be going back to the campgrounds for the closing of Camp Meeting tonight, but no s'mores. Just about everyone will be leaving either right after the 1st service or right after the 2nd service...no sitting around a fire to chit chat tonight. The closing of Camp Meeting is so sad...but there is always next year.

After Church, I've got to go to the gym, then grocery shopping. Joy.

God is good, all the time. All the time, God is good!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home