The Spaz Says

My life is boring! I'll waste you time with a little of this, a little of that, and a whole bunch of nothing!

Thursday, May 05, 2005

So What

So, I spend some time at the funeral home this evening. My family just cracks me up. Is it odd that the story I have to share about the funeral home is entertaining (to me)? Should my story be sad?

Anyways...before I get to my story. The funeral home did a cool thing, all the photos that the family wanted put up on boards, they took and made a DVD slide show (and also put them up) so you could pull up a chair and watch this cool slide show to cool music. Neat-O! There were TONS of flowers too! TONS!!! The flowers from our family (my gardening crazed Aunt ordered the flowers, from her family, my family, and my grandparents) were VERY boring! All white! Gag! My Gpa is so silly. He thought that the flowers were $30 total...not $30 being his share! Obviously he hasn't bought my Gma flowers in the past 25 years or so!

So, I was telling my cousin Cindy (its her father's funeral) that this guy on the other side of the room is cute. She couldn't see clearly who it was. She'd find out. So, then awhile later...I hear my Gma going "Oh...so is my Granddaughter, blah blah blah. She's not shy, I'll have her talk to him in a minute." I was watching the little slide show when my Gma comes and sits down by me and starts going on and on about this guy (the cute guy!). He's a EMT, blah blah blah. Cool...someone I can talk fires and blood & guts with! Great...I can go talk to him and actually have something to say! My Dad butts in..."Is he single?" Gma is like "Yes, he's single, he's a good Christian young man too, T. Everything you need." So, my Gma is going to introduce me to him. As were walking over there...she says, his name is Billy, that's his Dad right behind him. As I'm walking closer to him, I know him! Its my COUSIN! He's like my 27th cousin or something, but my cousin none the less! My Dad & Gma are trying to set me up with my COUSIN! (Billy's grandma & my gma are 1st cousins) So, him and I have a good chat about EMT junk, future blood, guts, and fire plans, talked about the last times we saw each other (about 1995 and summer of 1997). So, the cute one wasn't taken...but its my cousin! He's a good Christian kid too...well, maybe he has some friends.

So, Bill's funeral is Saturday. Mom isn't doing great tonight (not bad but its a downward slow), so she might not be able to go. If that's the case, I'll have to stay home with her. Jo didn't go to the viewing tonight, so she'll have to go Saturday.

Tomorrow, Jo & I get to go to a wedding shower. Who the heck has a wedding shower on a Friday night? Who the heck gets married at 17? Who the heck gets married at 17 when she isn't knocked up? No, he's not joining the service either. Crazy kids. Whatever works for them.

More later...I still have stuff to say about bowling and now, tupperware.

Off to pray Pat's prayer. Anyone want to know Pat's prayer?

That's all she wrote.

1 Comments:

At Thursday, May 05, 2005 10:02:00 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Crack Head, Billy is like our 5th cousin NOT 27th, but still, I get your point! Btw...What's Pat's prayer?

 

Post a Comment

<< Home