The Spaz Says

My life is boring! I'll waste you time with a little of this, a little of that, and a whole bunch of nothing!

Wednesday, January 11, 2006

One I Gave My Heart To

Its been a long rough few days.

First, the important stuff. Mom & the Mayo Clinic.

Dad called me at about 11:30 today and asked me for the name/dose of our (mom & I take the same ones) migraine pills. I ask if everything is okay. My Dad has always been the calmest person (on the surface!), most faithful, & hopeful person regarding Mom's health. His answer today was..."well, kinda...no. Not really. I'll talk to you later." That made for a GREAT afternoon. Things have calmed down some. I talked to them both a little bit ago. Mom sounded much better then I was anticipating. Dad sounded okay, probably tired and a little stressed. Mom had some tests today. Will have 2 more days of "regular" tests and then they are trying to get her admitted to the hospital for some more invasive testing. The tests that they need to admit her for, will require her to come off ALL of her medications. The thought of that, scares me. ALOT. As of right now, we won't know until Friday if/when Mom will be admitted for the major tests. There is a CHANCE they might come home & have the tests requiring hospitalization done at Univ of Michigan Hospital. That's not that close to home...but 2 hours vs 11 hours in the car. STRESS right now, that's an understatement. Without hope, we've got nothing...so I'm doing my best to stay hopeful!

Because of exhaustion & stress, I'm feeling like CRAP. I've had a headache from hell since about 11:30. I've been throwing up, my nose has been bleeding. Heck, I even cut myself shaving TWO times.

I was really tired & didn't want to go to Church, but I'm glad I did. I really NEEDED to be with those people tonight. People that love, support, and care about me & my family. Pastor D is concerned for Jo & I right now, and wants to make sure we are taking care of ourselves & eating well and all that. He's so sweet (even though he's silly 99% of the time). He's having us over for dinner one night soon, I'm sure Lisa will love hearing that. Actually...Lisa loves us! Everyone there loves us. Once word gets out that chances are pretty likely that Mom & Dad will be gone another full week longer then planned...I'm sure Jo & I will get bombarded with calls, food, cards, etc.

One of these days, I'm going to have TIME to write about fluffy stuff again.

God is good, all the time. All the time, God is good!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home