The Spaz Says

My life is boring! I'll waste you time with a little of this, a little of that, and a whole bunch of nothing!

Saturday, March 11, 2006

Crawl

I took my allergy meds about an hour or 2 ago...so I'm out of it...but if I don't blog about last night soon, I might never get around to it.

So far, today hasn't went as planned at all and that's okay. David's Friends didn't meet today and I still have no clue why. I didn't go out with my work friends, cause I didn't feel like it.

Now, yesterday Jo & I went to Winter Jam. It was at a place I've never been to, heck it was in a city I've only driven through. As we were fighting traffic around the Dow Event Center, I started to have a panic attack, over traffic, over not knowing where to go, etc. It ended once we were out of the car. Then, we start walking to the building. HUGE HUGE lines. Lines I didn't anticipate at all! At some point as we are walking, some girls start yelling at us. DOH! There was a hole in my fleece & my car keys fell out! Major thanks to those young girls!!!! Between the lines & me almost losing my keys, that sent me into another panic attack. We get in and (barely!) get seats! Krystal Meyers was just starting. I didn't get to see her really, because I had to find a bathroom and get a snack! Stupid consession worker gave me diet soda! Waste of $2.50. The entire place was SO crowded! Beyond crowded. Fire hazard waiting to happen. Let me just say, I was NOT impressed with the staff/security in & around this place. I got back just in time for NewSong to start. They were pretty good. Then came either ZOEgirl or Hawk Nelson, I don't remember the exact order. Not knowing any matrial by Hawk Nelson, I'd have to say they were good. Entertaining performers for sure. ZOEgirl did a much better job then I thought that would. The pastor, David Nasser did a short, but good sermon, about the way he, than his family found Jesus Christ. Intermission was a disaster! I was literally the 3rd person in line at the bathroom. I'm quick like that. Then, it took me about 2 minutes to get a soda for Jo. Then it took me about 14 minutes to make it about 20 feet to the stairs to our section, because it was so crowded. It was NUTS! People were pushing and screaming. It was like a hugh scary mosh pit! After intermission it was time for tobyMac! Let me just say...he rocked! They rocked! tobyMac, his dancers/back-up singers were GREAT!!!!!!!!!!!!! I've been to PLENTY of concerts in my life and I would put them up in the top 5 for sure!!!!!!!! Probably top 3 (Garth Brooks & Tim McGraw will be real hard to ever beat out). I could go on & on about how much I love tobyMac! Actually, I heard on the radio today that tobyMac and my 1st love of Christian music, mercy me, will be in the general area together this summer! I'm THERE!!!!!!! Then there was the Sphere of Fear (motorcycle stunt show) which we had great seats to see. It was cool, but nothing I hadn't seen before at the circus. Then came Newsboys. I thought they were good too! I was VERY VERY VERY disappointed with their performance of "Shine" so, that's probably why I'll only say there were good. The lead singer did a preaching type thing towards the very end & it was top notch. Then we made our way back to my car with very little trouble. I've never been so glad I drive a TINY car. Everyone was blocked in...everyone but me! It took me probably about a 10-point turn, but I got out! YAY!

Overall, the enter concert & experience was GREAT!

More about why I think tobyMac rules...to know me, is to know when I get bored/overtired/giggly I dance around my house like a fool. I make up all kinds of crazy dances for everything. Of course, I ONLY do this in my house or car, or other places of EXTREME comfort. I don't dance at the bar or anything, I don't like to dance. tobyMac and his dancers were just full of energy and dancing like crazy. It was FUN! I did lots of dancing around my house today, showing my parents what they were like & stuff.

God is good, all the time. All the time, God is good!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home