The Spaz Says

My life is boring! I'll waste you time with a little of this, a little of that, and a whole bunch of nothing!

Friday, March 03, 2006

I Saw It In The Mirror

Well well well...I'm dead tired, but must clear my head some. I'll spare ya'll the boring details.

My family has really lived by the motto "Quality over quantity" since Mom's health started declining.

Earlier today, I was on the phone with ST. I was complaining about my Mom wanting to go shopping because I had other stuff I'd rather do. ST gently reminded me that I need to cherish time with Mom.

I got home from work, & Mom was very clingy. She wasn't doing that good (but not that bad either). I told her if she rested she could go shopping. Well, she rested. So, off to Target to get Bean's baby shower gift we go...just Mom & I.

We are looking around the baby department, looking at the registry. Blah blah blah. Mom stops responding to me. I see her start to seem like she's sleeping standing up. Grab her, and lay her down on the ground. SEIZURE. Yeah, in the middle of Target, full blown seizure. Target staff was GREAT, the people that stopped to offer help were GREAT (1 special ed teacher, 1 nurses aide, 1 paramedic). 911 was called by the Target staff before anyone even asked me what was going on. I guess, I would have probably done the same thing in their position. She had 2 "grand mal" seizures & a lot of little seizures while waiting for the Ambulance. I stayed VERY calm and was in EMT mode, not daughter mode. ;-) When I first laid her on the ground, I called Dad to give him the heads up. Dad & Jo started on their way to the store. Because Mom was SO disorientated (which is normal after a seizure) she didn't have the ability to refuse transport to the hospital. So, off to the ER we go (Mom & I in the ambulance), Dad & Jo following behind us. Once there, Dad had the power (and also, at this point, Mom was a lot less disorientated) to refuse hospital treatment. So, we left. An adventure to say the least. To my knowledge, this is the first time Mom has had a FULL BLOWN seizure in public. She had a few small ones in Church the time she fell, but that isn't public like Target is.

Now, don't think we are being neglectful or something of Mom because we refused hospital treatment. We know her condition, the hospital ER wasn't going to tell us anything we don't already know. She has epilepsy, she has seizures often. Its (sadly) part of life.

My adreneline rush has died off and I'm ready to pass out. Tomorrow is going to be a long, hopefully FUN & relaxing day. Tomorrow is my work bowling outing, and then a girls night out with Shell & Cris. At least, that's the plan for now!

Yesterday when I posted about Jo having an anger management issue, that was because I was sitting here typing, yet ducking cause she was running around screaming and punching everything in sight, including the wall RIGHT behind me, the door RIGHT next to me. Silly girl! Where I need Pat's prayer...she needs Goofy Tom/Big Troy's prayer.

SML RULES!!!!!!!!! He got me Tim & Faith tickets!!!!!!!!! YAY! YAY! YAY!!!!!! May 5th can't get here soon enough! :-) BTW, for those that don't know...I TOUCHED TIM! ;-)

God is good, all the time. All the time, God is GOOD!!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home