The Spaz Says

My life is boring! I'll waste you time with a little of this, a little of that, and a whole bunch of nothing!

Sunday, August 27, 2006

Never Say Never

I was going to try and put my Chicago pictures in order, and tell about my trip as I went...but that is just going to be TO much work for me and this lovely dial up Internet connection.

So, a few things about the trip that aren't going to be in pictures.  The flight to Chicago...we gave ourselves PLENTY of time to get parked, take the shuttle, check luggage, deal with security.  WELL...from the time we pulled into the parking lot to the time we got thru security (including a 10 minute shuttle ride) was all of about 20 minutes.  There was 1 person in line to check their bags, and no one in line at security.  We waited a good 30 minutes for Quiznos!

The flight!  I just don't like flying!  The take off (running down the runway) is cool, but the minute the plane leaves the ground I hate it!  Once we are in the air, like done going up, its okay.  Going down and actually landing is okay.  Going up just makes me sick, I hate it.  Physically and mentally HATE going up!

Friday...We did some shopping, had Chicago style pizza for dinner, hit the Art Museum, then the bar.  I had a good time at the bar and was the only one that really drank and I didn't drink that much.  I was being social though, so according to Shell "You must have drank more then you thought you did."  LMAO.

Saturday...We did more shopping, went to Navy Pier (we took the Water Taxi back and forth between Shedd & Navy Pier, it was cool!), did more shopping, had lunch at The Cheesecake Factory.  It was BY FAR, the BEST cheesecake EVER!!!  Did more shopping, walking, checking out touristy stuff, then went to Shedd Aquarium.  Then we hit Hard Rock Cafe for dinner and more shopping.  We were to tired to do much of anything once it was night time.  So, we watched Navy Pier's Fireworks from our hotel room window and called it a night.

Sunday...we checked out and headed to the airport.  When we got there (we again, allowed PLENTY of time!) the line to check luggage was TERRIBLE!!!  The staff from Southwest Airlines was GREAT.  They were like it moves REALLY fast, from this point its 35 minutes max.  Well, we had our luggage checked within 20 minutes.  Then security wasn't that bad...maybe 10 people in front of us.  The stupid part was I had to take my belt off.  I fought whether or not to wear the belt all morning.  I took it on/off about 10 times!  EERRRR!  When we landed and got to luggage claim...our bags were already off.  So, we were on our way real quick.

Pictures to come...I got about 25% of them uploaded.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home