The Spaz Says

My life is boring! I'll waste you time with a little of this, a little of that, and a whole bunch of nothing!

Sunday, September 10, 2006

Back In The Saddle

I'm going to keep this as short as possible...ha!  I've been awake for about 22 hours straight, but I've got to get some things off my chest.

August 29th was the last time I talked with my fri-sin Trin.  We talked on the phone for just a quick minute or two...maybe 5.  Just "Hi, how are you? I love and miss you.  See you this weekend" type talk.  There was 1 specific question I had to ask her.  She answered, we laughed. 

A day or 2 later, I was talking with a co-worker (Dorothy) (that I often pray with/for) about the situation.  She said something so simply to me (this wasn't about Trin, it was about someone else...but can apply in MANY situations) "T, love the sinner, hate the sin"  I talked with a few in my family about it, and decided that's what I was going to do.  Over Labor Day Weekend, we were all disappointed to NOT see Trin, but it wasn't out of the ordinary for Trin to not show up to Gpaw's house.  Favorite Aunt and I talked and prayed about the situation I was struggling with regarding the sin/sinner.  I *so* wanted to tell Trin the break thru I was having regarding this sin/sinner!  Its HUGE for me!  I'm definitely my Dad's daughter...that's for sure.

My fri-sin Trin, was one of the most caring and ACCEPTING people I've ever met.  EVER!  Fat, skinny, smart, stupid, funny, loud, quiet, green hair, yellow hair, flame colored hair, etc...she didn't judge and accepted YOU for YOU!

Since Wednesday, I've had a lot of contact with the sin/sinner person.  I must say, that was the best advice I could have EVER been given!  At the time, it was specifically about one person, but since Wednesday...there have been 2.  I must say, I don't judge these people...and I love them to pieces!!!!!!!!!!  If anyone wants to know the specifics, feel free to ask.  I might post them in the future, but if anyone asks I'll most them sooner.

I know my judging people, thinking I'm better then most, and selfish, self-centeredness are issues I'm trying to improve.  Its amazing how God works.  Thru Trin's death, I got a great lesson on not judging and accepting ALL.

I could go on and on.  I'll miss Trin *SO* much.  She knows that, I know that, my family & friends know that.  She was such a pest when we were younger.  Then I grew into the pest.  ;-)  Every holiday since ET died in 1995, I've missed him like crazy.  Trin & I had each other to keep ourselves in check about missing ET.  The holidays will suck this year for sure!

Last Christmas (say 9 months ago), Trin really got on my case about my relationship with JJ.  Trin has lost a brother to death and one to jail or whatever.  She had no siblings as far as she was concerned.  About a month after Christmas, I really started thinking about what she said, and began putting in an effort.  JJ is my sister & I love her no matter what she does! 

Yesterday (since its now after 04:00) when everything was messed up, I figured out a way to get things taken care of.  Well, Dad later suggested taking care of things at JJ's house.  Why didn't I think of that?  It worked out SO much better then I could have imagine (still not how planned, but good enough!) PLUS I got to visit with Jax, JJ, and boyfriend du jour.  Things with JJ still aren't all roses, but MUCH better then they were this time last year!

Its strangely cool how God manages to work everything out!

My plan for today is sleep until 09:00, go to Church, come home and sleep until its time for work Monday morning!  SERIOUSLY!  I need it!!!!

God is love!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home