The Spaz Says

My life is boring! I'll waste you time with a little of this, a little of that, and a whole bunch of nothing!

Saturday, January 01, 2005

Refried Dreams

I 100% resisted temptation. I didn't call anyone at midnight to wish them a Happy New Year. I had said most of my Happy New Years (via email) earlier in the day. At about 12:15AM when I came upstairs, I checked my phone. Nope. No one called me. Good, I didn't want to call anyone back. Okay, I did want to call ST, but I didn't. Nope. Can't do it. The one NYE we weren't together (12/31/02) I did call him, but this time, I'm trying to leave everything on his shoulders. I suck at it, but I'm trying.

I took some cute pictures of JM, TOY and Mom being goofy tonight. Some day, I'm going to learn how to add pictures.

Earlier today, my Dad REALLY had me upset. It was something pretty small, in the grand scheme of life, but twice within the past 2 weeks, he did something to just grate my skin. Both issues were the same principle. I was praying about how to handle the situation. I called and got SML's opinion. I prayed more. In my house there are 3 ways to deal with things. 1) Scream & yell. 2) Ignore that there is a problem. 3) Talk it out. With my family, #3 doesn't happen often, but I'm trying my best. I usually go with #2 because I don't like conflict, but that isn't fair to me. My heart was really telling me I needed to address the issue with Dad. SML said I should ignore it, basically because I live here rent free. Normally, SML has decent advice (even if I don't think it is at the time) but this time my heart and then gut was telling me I had to talk with Dad. The talk went really well, only got interrupted by Mom 1 time. It was all said & done within 5 minutes. Wow. Dad & I conversed like humans. I did cry a little, but I'm a cryer by nature. Yay. Issues resolved and my heart feels a lot lighter.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home