The Spaz Says

My life is boring! I'll waste you time with a little of this, a little of that, and a whole bunch of nothing!

Thursday, December 30, 2004

Blue Suede Shoes

Boy oh boy. Things just keep getting better here all the time.

My Grandma just called to let us know they arrived in FL okay. Her cousin (basically her own blood family in state) is in the hospital on a respirator. Cousin has Lou Gerhgig's diesease, is feed via a feeding tube, has had a hip replace, a stoke too I think. It doesn't look good.

Dad & I just talked about Mom. She's sleeping right now. She'll probably (read: hopefully) sleep most of tonight and tomorrow morning at least. Dad is FINALLY admitting some things regarding Mom's health, with (it sounds like) Mom's pushing. He's realizing that the days of us handling her ourselves is nearing the end and that some type of in home care is going to be needed soon. He also did mention we have to think about, and figure out, at what point we aren't going to be able to handle her here and will need to put her in a nursing home. Talk about a downer.

Mom had plans with my Aunt tonight, but she can't go, obviously. Dad has to bowl...don't dare screw with bowling. That means I get to Mom-sit. I don't want to Mom-sit today. God, I really need you to give me the strength in every way to deal with her tonight.

JM & TOY are coming over tomorrow morning. Yipppppppeeeeeeeee! I am SO excited to see my boys and spend time with them! I haven't spent quality time with them since Labor Day Weekend. I'm very nervous for them to see/deal/interact with my Mom while she's doing bad. Those boys have been through a lot lately, I know if I was 6 or 9...I couldn't handle much more.

Its okay to hurt, its okay to cry. There's more to the song, but that's the line that is stuck in my head. If I only knew the title. Its a Patty Loveless song, I think.

The minute Mom wakes up tonight, I'm making a banana milkshake. Yummmy.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home