The Spaz Says

My life is boring! I'll waste you time with a little of this, a little of that, and a whole bunch of nothing!

Thursday, December 23, 2004

Trying To Find Atlantis

Oh happy day. I don't really have much to type about. Ready to ramble.

My Mom barely knows what is going on. She doesn't remember making cookies last night and keeps screaming she needs to make cookies. She is SURE that Dad made the cookies alone (yeah, that would happen) or he bought them. All hell is sure to break loose tonight at her family Christmas shin-dig. Dad won't be there most of the time, which means I have to babysit. Joy. The 1st person to give me crap about how we take care of/deal with my Mom is going to get a real mouthful (and if Jo had her way, a fistful too). Mom is throwing a fit that Dad won't be there. He's got bowling, deal with it. I just can't understand why 26+ years into their marriage she still bitches about the same things. There are 3 things that my Dad does that you just do NOT mess with. 1) Autorama 2) Woodward Cruise (so that's only been happening 10 years) and 3) Bowling. Really, he's busy every Thursday night Sept - May, then 1 week in August and 1 week in Feb. Deal with it. Softball and hunting are of course, priorities...but those can be worked around a tad.

I have all my Mom's wrapping done. Heck, I even wrapped gifts of mine last night and didn't peek! Its in a small jewelry type box from JC Penneys. I'm guessing its a braclet. I was playing around with gifts that are under the tree. Jo got me a tons of scrapbooking paper, stickers, and 2 movies...at least, that's my educated feeling/shaking guess.

A friend of mine's father passed away on Monday. Its really been weighing on my heart. He'll be laid out on Sunday. I think part of the reason I can't get it out of my mind/heart is because of my Mom's always declining health. My heart just breaks for my friend and his family right now. I can't imagine trying to go thru the motions of the holidays without a parents, especially one that hasn't had an "official" goodbye yet.

My Mom was saying earlier today "What if this is the last Christmas I remember? I mean what if its the last Christmas I know who people are?" She knows her mind is going, and at this point comes and goes often. I didn't really reply. She doesn't remember the happening of Thanksgiving this year. I guess, we just cross those bridges when we get there. She's hoping she doesn't remember the mean parts of people when she forgets people. Only my Mom would think like that.

We got about 6-8 inches of snow. I want to make a snowman. No one wants to help but Mom and the dog. I'll take that as a no go.


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home