The Spaz Says

My life is boring! I'll waste you time with a little of this, a little of that, and a whole bunch of nothing!

Monday, January 01, 2007

Melting Alone

So much keeps happening in life, but I spend so little time online that blogging just doesn't happen as often as it used to, as often as I'd like.

Happy 2007!!!!!! Hope everyone had a HAPPY & SAFE New Year's!

Ours didn't go as planned, AT ALL! BUT we had a great time! About the beginning of December our idea of a hall party wasn't working out, so Steph decided her & her husband would just have a nice party at their new house. That was the new plan. Party at Steph's house (which is in the subdivision just north of my friend's)...well. 08:30 New Year's Eve morning. Shell calls. Steph's husband has the puking flu. Change of plans again. No clue what we are going to do. So, after about 30 minutes of my friend & I talking and Shell & J talking...the 4 of us get on the phone and toss out ideas. This is going on while Shell is looking up flights to Vegas for our upcoming vacation, so for about 10 minutes we tossed out the crazy idea of jumping on a plane and going to Vegas for the night. We were being serious when we added that to our list of possiblities.

We (my friend & I and J & Shell) ended up going to a semi-fancy place for dinner. Its nice to be friends with J...he can hook anything up at the last minute. The food was great!!!!! Then, the 4 of us came back here and toyed around for a little bit & my friend & I put on our pajamas & went over to J & Shell's house (which is in the subdivision just to the east). So, the 4 of us, sat around in our pajamas watching the Red Wings kick LA's butt, then played games and snacked, then watched the ball drop with Ryan & Dick. Dick Clark looks like a puppet these days. I feel so bad for him! We had a great time, just the 4 of us hanging out.

J has (finally) made great progress on his brother dating. I'm starting to understand that J's issue wasn't with me, but with the thought of his brother dating & possibly getting hurt again. Friday night, at their family Christmas party (which was at J & Shell's house) for the first time in ohhhh...2 1/2 months (at least!), I felt like I had my friend J back!

About that upcoming vacation to Vegas...let me just say...
WAHOOOOOOOOOO!!!!
Flights are booked! Vegas baby, here I come!! We fly out 03/01/07 and return 03/05/07 (that's Thursday thru Monday) We are going to get the hotel thing figured out soon enough. There is a good chance that my friend (and J)'s dad can get us rooms for free, so we are going to wait a little to see if that pans out. So far, Steph & her husband, my friend & I, J & Shell, Anna (she went to Chicago with us) & Frank...and a bunch of Steph's family are going. Its going to be a blast!!!!!! I can't wait!!!! I'm going to start a count down VERY soon! No promises I won't come back married. ;-) That would SO make my Daddy's day! He's a goof ball.

Back to staying at Gma's probably tomorrow. Whatever. I need to make the best of a not good situation.

Bread is almost done in the oven. YAY!

God is love!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home