The Spaz Says

My life is boring! I'll waste you time with a little of this, a little of that, and a whole bunch of nothing!

Wednesday, September 19, 2007

(no subject)

David's Friends was a good time tonight.  The dynamics of the group have surely changed since we first started 2.5 years ago.  As much as people annoy me there, I always feel at home there.

The roommate situation update.  The potential roommate emailed me back with her phone number so we could discuss details.  I actually didn't procrastinate calling her back that much.  I called her on my way home from Church, but got her voicemail.  I left her a message & look forward to talking with her soon.  Even if the situation doesn't work out, going thru this process is good for me.  Its SO outside of my box, I want to puke...but its something I need to do.

Earlier in the day, I tried to casually mention moving out to my Mom, to see how it would go.  It didn't go well & I felt terrible.  I don't get to see/talk with my Dad enough (when I see/talk to him...there is always something going on!)...so when I got home from Church, I knew I had to bring the subject up.  I was feeling stressed enough, I didn't want my parents thinking I was doing anything behind their back.

Note:  My parents are some of the greatest people in the world.  I'm a people pleaser in general.  Getting my parents approval & support is always very high on my to-do list!

The conversation with Dad (with Mom there to) was short lived, involved a few tears (shock shock...T cried).  My Dad wasn't super supportive but yet, wasn't non-supportive either.  He gave me a hug & reminded me that I'm always welcome here but he understands where I am coming from too.  I mentioned that I'm at a point where I can't afford NOT to do it and he made some nosey comment.  When I said "What I spend in gas right now will cover 1/2 the bills for sure"  He chirped back with "Learn to cook & you are all set."  SMART ALECK!  It was just weird, not at all I was anticipating it from him.  Previously, Dad's been "MOVE OUT MOVE OUT MOVE OUT" but I guess that was when there was a male involved (which means marriage & more grandkids...Dad's #1 goal in life...marrying me off & producing him grandkids) and this time its all ME!

I keep telling myself if this prospective roommate situation works out, great...if not, that's okay too.  My goal was to be out by Feb/March.  Its all a learning process for me. 

AHHHHHHHHHHHH! 

God is love!



**************************************
See what's new at http://www.aol.com

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home