The Spaz Says

My life is boring! I'll waste you time with a little of this, a little of that, and a whole bunch of nothing!

Monday, May 11, 2009

I'm sure I'll take sh*t for what I'm going to say...but since I said it to my parents, I am saying it here too:

Mother's Day is a a stupid (hallmark) holiday.

I feel the same way about Father's Day, Sweetest Day, Valentine's Day and a bunch of other fluff type "holidays".

I'm told I will feel different if I ever become a mother. That's possible, but doubtful.

My reasoning is, you should treat/show your Mother/Father/Loved one that you care and appreciate them often, not just on a special day. I don't come from a huge gift giving/receiving family so its not about the cost. For those that don't feel appreciated often, I can see how they want a special day. I pray I never find myself in a relationship where I am not appreciated daily.

Obviously, since I know most people don't feel the way I do, I do acknowledge the day. I took Mom on an adventure on Thursday to celebrate. I told the Mom's at Church "Happy Mother's Day".

God is love.

1 Comments:

At Monday, May 11, 2009 7:26:00 AM, Blogger Princess PinkLady said...

Agree. My Mother's day sucked. I was like well this is a bullshit day. Plus, you're right. If I cannot be shown love and respect everyday, I don't want it on Mother's Day. Effing holidays.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home