The Spaz Says

My life is boring! I'll waste you time with a little of this, a little of that, and a whole bunch of nothing!

Monday, November 01, 2004

Born in the USA

I realize that my post last night came off sort of mean. I guess I just needed to vent. Then again the point of this blog, for me, is to vent!

Now, on to more important (terribly sad!) news. I was on my way out the door this morning and my mom came out of her bedroom on the phone, crying, telling me to wait a minute. She puts the phone down to her chest, thru her tears, I get..."Tara, I have to tell you this now. Justin's cancer is back and its not good. They give him 3-6 months." I think I was just not awake yet or just shocked. My response was "Oh, okay" and I continued out the door. Then the walk from the door to my car seemed like a mile and it hit me. Justin is going to die. OMG. Justin is just a baby! I cried and prayed most of my way into work.

Now, here's the story. Justin is JM & TOY's cousin. I've actually know Justin longer then JM & TOY have been around. Justin is now 12 years old. He's the baby of 3 boys. Those 3 boys have always been a very regular fixture in my nephews lives, so I know them quite well. Justin was first diagnosed with brain cancer about 3 years ago. He went thru surgery upon surgery, followed by a couple rounds of chemo. He had been in remission about a year now. (During this time their Grandma got sick with cancer and passed away at the age of 55.) Now Justin is facing the same fate as his grandma. Its so sad. He's so young. My heart is breaking. As much as I would love God to heal Justin and make the situation all better, I know how this is in God's hands. I just hope and pray that Justin is in as little pain as possible during this time, that some how JM & TOY can understand what is going on. I can't imagine the pain that Justin's parents and older brothers (ages 15 & 14) are going thru. Its such a sad situation.

Life is so precious and short.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home