The Spaz Says

My life is boring! I'll waste you time with a little of this, a little of that, and a whole bunch of nothing!

Tuesday, December 07, 2004

The Little Girl

Its Tuesday night now. Only 3 more days of work for the week. So far, this week hasn't been as terrible as we thought it was going to be. 1 more day of training, 1 day of total normalness, then Friday is the day. Friday shall be interesting. 3 departments become 1, along with a new phone system. My department of 58 will be a department of about 90. I was told today by the trainer of my current department that as soon as this week is done, she's resigning from her current position. She likes her job, she just doesn't want the amount of hours that come with it. She asked me if I would be interested in the position. She's going to recommend me directly to Jess & their boss.

I've woke up at about 4am for the past few nights now. I'm getting sick of it. I have to be to work at 8:30 tomorrow. If I wake up at 4am again, I'm just going into work super early. Heck, 9.5 hours vs 12 hours...close enough.

Since I'm #3 in seniority in my current dept, I got offered any time off I want (without pay, of course) during the 2 weeks of Christmas & New Years. So, ideally, I'll be off 12/23 & 24 and then 12/31. Chances are likely that we will be 100% closed on the 24th & 31st, but its still nice to know that I won't have to go there. Actually, since I am a nice person, I offered to work Christmas Eve if needed, because I won't have anything else to do...but play yahoo euchre.

Monday, it took me 2 hours and 18 minutes to get into work. Traffic was just NOT moving. The roads weren't that bad, wet mainly. I was a half hour late, good thing training was cancelled. Also, since training was cancelled Monday, I got to go with Kaleb to skating. I actually got to go hang out with him before hand too. Those boys are just so cute and adorable, temper tantrums and all. Chasing the 2 of them around for an hour was my dose of birth control for another few years. How the heck do I think I'm going to handle 6 kids super close in age?

I was putting my dinner dishes away, and stopped in Mom's bedroom to show her a page I scrapped last night. She starts telling me how she talked with the church secertary for me today, about volunteering at the homeless shelter and/or the food pantry. How nice of her. I'm very picky about the charities I support, and at this point in my life, those aren't charities I have it within myself to support. Heck, next thing I know, she'll bring up Habitat for Humanity. Yes, I don't think that is a charity worth my time/energy. Call me mean, call me whatever...that's just me.

I sent out an email on Sunday evening to some friends of mine, that I was missing addresses for. I've heard from everyone but 1 person. Hopefully, I hear something soon. I'm barely in contact with this person, and that REALLY needs to change.

Peace out dudes.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home