The Spaz Says

My life is boring! I'll waste you time with a little of this, a little of that, and a whole bunch of nothing!

Monday, September 05, 2005

Lift Me Up

My trip...part 1.

I'm going to do my best to recap my trip...but I'm sure I'll miss tons.

Thursday was a rough night at my house, so I had no idea how the weekend would go.

Friday, we left about 100 minutes later then planned but Mom was doing pretty well. The ride up there, 4 adults, the dog, and tons of stuff in car was a tight squeeze, but we managed. I had to drive part of the way and I just kept saying midget arms. Jo sits SO close to the wheel and I couldn't back the seat up when I took over (there wasn't room) and yeah, I felt like I had midget arms. We stopped for lunch (at a sit down place) on the way up there and Mom kept freaking out cause the dog was in the car. Guess what? The dog lived.

Got there, said hello, unpacked the car and napped. After my nap, I are dinner (total grossness, but I'll get to that later) and chilled outside. Gpaw had a fire going. Jo & I drove to the "corner store" to get chocolate bars to make smores. Gpaw couldn't remember what all he needed for the smores. Jo drove to the store, and I drove back. We got out of the subdivision with only 1 missed turn (but it was okay, just took a longer way) and on the way in...in the DARK, we got back just FINE! WAHOOOOOO!

*Note: Corner store is a good 30 minutes away, one way! Subdivison is the biggest joke ever. Each lot is 10 or 20 acres, all forest. From the front of the subdivision to my Gpaws is about 7 miles.

After smore making its time for bed. I snagged a bed. I started reading I Kissed Dating Goodbye by Joshua Harris. Maybe there is something good about not many people going, I got a bed in the HOUSE!

Saturday morning, I was woke up pretty early by Gpaw, Gma, Dad, & Mom all in the living room yapping. Interesting...the 2 previous years I've been up there for Labor Day weekend, I've slept outside in tents. I've been woke up because they've all been OUTSIDE yapping. This year, I'm inside and they wake me up. Damn princess & a pea thing I have going on! Gma made a big fancy breakfast (semi-grossness). After breakfast, I got all cleaned up and then the FUN began. Dad & I were talking about how we were going shooting. He packed the bow & the .22. Gpaw starts going on and on about his guns to. Brings out some little hand gun.

Note: I don't like Gpaw. I don't trust Gpaw at all. I still have some anxiety being around him. I will NEVER be remotely alone with that man.

Dad, Gpaw, & I go outside. Gpaw gives me the hand gun (.357 magnum) to shoot. I fired one shot, hit the target, and sat the gun down. It scared my Mom way to much. It hurt my ears. I wasn't firing that gun again if it was going to make Mom so upset. I can't believe my Gpaw let me shoot that without ear protection on. Then again, concider the source. Then Dad & I did a bunch of shooting with the .22. I'm MUCH more comfortable with the rifle, or maybe its because the rifle is my Dad's and I TRUST & RESPECT him and don't fear him like I do my Gpaw. My shots were better then Dad's! I had 2 that didn't hit the target at all (out of about 100), but other then that...they all were damn near center, a little low. Dad's were ALL over the place. This is Dad's gun, the site is set for him...a right handed shooter and I did BETTER then him.

Shortly after that, I decided I wanted to take the boat out (just a old metal row boat with a 4hp motor on it) and just go for a nice relaxing boat ride. Gpaw decides we are ALL heading to the water. So, we get to the lake, Dad, Jo, & I take the boat out and Gpaw, Mom, and Gma stay on shore. It was VERY relaxing & peaceful just the way I needed it to be. When we got back to shore, Gpaw was fishing. The 4 females left to get Mom back resting. Gpaw & Dad stayed awhile longer.

~The book I'm reading, has been recommended to me by various people to me, at various different points in my life (starting back in 1998 by one of P's UMich friends to most recently, Thick, then a few weeks later Pastor D). It is by far, one of the best books I've ever read. The ideas in the book are NOT for everyone, all the ideas in the book aren't for me but some of them are. It really has been an eye opening experience about current happening with some adorable red-head that I miss terribly.

~I was fearing this weekend for various reasons. 1) My dislike of my Gpaw. 2) Being ST-less. My peaceful boat ride was such a happy time for me. I sat in the front, facing frontwards, so I could just take in everything and be with God. (SHOOT...I'm crying, happy tears, but I'm crying I don't want to cry) Last year, one of the clearest memories I have of the trip, was ST & I spending peaceful, happy, loving time together on that boat. There were a few times this weekend when I missed ST, but it was nothing I couldn't handle. I'm so glad I can look back on that relationship with happiness and loving memories. I'm also grateful that my family understands that too. There is no ST-bashing, no T-bashing. The times over the weekend when I missed ST were over silly things...like I was bored & wanted someone to do something (whatever I wanted!) right then or when I was having a few meltdowns over Gpaw, ST would have been there to hug, to cry on his shoulder, etc...but I walk taller now, I walk straighter now, I am stronger now. I'm rambling and that's okay...its my BLOG. I can't believe is been over 10 months now that ST & I have been apart (January doesn't count). I'm crazy, we know that. I've had a few discussions with people that once I get thru this 1st year and do everything on my own once, I'll be so damn strong. I know it sounds silly, but I relied on ST to hold me up, to be my crutch for so long. Of course, now, I have my friends & family that I rely on a TON...but I rely on myself the most, not someone else.

I'll finish the trip later...there's much more to come. Nothing exicting, but there's more to come. I'm as giddy as a kid in a candy store right now. Weeeeeee. Yay for happy moods.

Jo, in case you didn't know...the red-head I miss terribly is named Red. :-) Didn't dare want you to think it was anyone else!

That's all she wrote.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home