The Spaz Says

My life is boring! I'll waste you time with a little of this, a little of that, and a whole bunch of nothing!

Saturday, June 16, 2007

My Song Of Praise

This deserves a post of its own!

My nephew JM is 12 today! SCARY! He is turning into such a fine young man. I couldn't be more proud of him. I remember the day he was born so well.

My sophomore year of high school just ended. JJ was due June 20th. It was a Thursday night & about 22:00 John called & said he thought the baby would be coming soon, he'd keep us updated. About 2 hours later, he called back & said JJ's water broke, her contractions were staying regular & the doctor said to bring her in. (OMG! I can't believe 12 years later, typing this is making me cry!) Mom & I got to the hospital at about 02:00, JJ & John were settling in. Shannon (JJ's best friend) joined us shortly. JJ was in rip roaring BIT*H form. She seriously is lucky no one killed her. Of course, only my Mom had been thru childbirth before but JJ was pissing everyone off bad. We took turns napping, dealing with JJ. At some point she got her epidural & became a whole new person! (Personally, as someone with a childbirth obsession now, I think she just didn't have a clue how to cope with the pain. She was doing nothing to make things better. Just yelling at everyone.) At about 09:00 they decide she's ready to start the pushing process but there isn't a doctor there. She was having a difficult time fighting the urge to push. Finally at about 10 or 11, a doctor finally gets there. Mom & I leave the room. Maybe 15-30 minutes later, we hear everyone screaming & crying...then we here the precious sound of JM's first cry. Yes, when they opened the door to let us back in, we just about fell in the room, cause we were leaning against the door. It wasn't until John took us over to see JM that we new JM was JM...not Alexandrea. He was adorable as long as you left that little knit hat on his head. He had the worst cone head ever! (They ended up using the vaccum thing to finish getting him out.)

Its funny because now, we all (including JM) joke about his cone head. It was BAD! It was fine within a month or so. JM will tell everyone he was the ugliest of the 3 as babies.

At that time, my Dad & John played on a softball team together. John was in charge of the team. Well, Friday night was game night. John didn't go to the game that day. The team was all of John's friends & family. It was so cool getting to go to the game & tell everyone JJ had the baby. We got Burger King to eat on the way to the game & my whopper was gross. That's why I didn't eat red meat for 10 years. Its the reason I still don't really like hamburgers or ground beef.

Happy Birthday 12th JM!

God is good, all the time. All the time, God is good!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home