The Spaz Says

My life is boring! I'll waste you time with a little of this, a little of that, and a whole bunch of nothing!

Monday, February 14, 2005

Autobiography

I was screaming bloody murder about blogger for the past 24 hours. It wouldn't let me log in. I reset my password. I had SML try to log in from his house, for me. Nothing! Since I couldn't blog in the middle of my sleepless night, I headed over to Yahoo to play some euchre. It won't let me long in. Hmmm. Someone (Dad) switched some settings on the computer to reject all cookies! Changed that around and bingo bango, I can play euchre & blog. Yay!

JM & TOY didn't wrestle. John was sick and God-forbid if JJ had to act like a parent and pay for an event ONE time. At least JJ did remember to call & tell me they weren't going! Miracles happen once in awhile.

So, Jo & I went to Church. It was PACKED! It was baptism Sunday. The children were in the sanctuary, plus those getting baptised had guests, but it was still cool to see it so packed! I was baptised as a baby in a Methodist Church. If I remember (from reading my baby book) correctly, I was about 3 months old. Within the Nazarene Church (the denomination that I have attended/been a memeber of since I was about 12) babies are dedicated. Baptism is something that a person does when they are old enough to make that decision to give themself to Christ. Its a choice you make yourself, not one your parents make for me. We had 11 people get baptismed on Sunday. They ranged in age from 6-probably 40. It was such a cool cool thing! When Jo got baptised (in the Nazarene Church, she was 9) we did it at our Church Campgrounds, in the lake. They have a huge bathtub type thing built in our Church for baptisms. Like I said, it was just great! After service I wanted to go talk to the man that did our service last Wednesday night (Pastor was busy with the Baptism group) but I couldn't make my way up front easily and he was busy playing with his camcorder anyways.

At evening service (I'll say it for you, SML...thump thump thump), it was really waying on my heart that I had to talk to Troy, to let him know that his message meant alot to me, really finally made something hit home! Tonights service was about missions. It was good. I am 100% determined to go on a Work & Witness trip ASAP. I'm really going to get on Mrs. R & Pastor about it. Work & Witness is like a mission trip basically. I feel like its something that God is calling me to do. I'm almost ready to switch my membership to this Church too. There is an Church Election coming up & I won't be able to vote. I just don't want to have to stand up in front of the Church & do the song & dance gig to become a member. I think since I'm just "transferring" I won't have to, but I don't know. I wouldn't have a huge issue with the classes if I had to do that again, I just don't want the song and dance infront of 100+ people on any given Sunday. After Church, Troy was in the back near the coat rack. I shook his hand and let him know his message on Wednesday meant alot to me, I tried to explain myself a little bit, but it didn't come out as well as I wanted it to, but I go the important part out.

I grew up in a Church of 50 people on a good day. I mean, everyone knew everyone's everything. The pastor spoon feed me everything. He's one of the biggest reasons I'm who I am today. Pastor would stop by my house weekly to check on us just because. We saw him AT LEAST 2 days a week...usually 4. From the oldest person to the tiniest baby, we were a family. A Church family not binded by our blood but the blood of Christ. We were an EXTREMELY poor (finanically) Church but we had so much love for Christ and each other that it didn't matter.

I have been struggling greatly with the size of this new Church. From the 1st day I stepped foot in there (back in the Fall of 1999), I was overwhelmed by the size. It averages about 100 people, probably has about 300 members. Its definitly not the tight knit type that I was used to. This Church is in the process of building a new Church. Part of Troy's message was how we should want to build 2 new Churches in our city if need be, that we should want everyone in God's house with us. HELLO T. That's the answer! You want these people to be finding the Lord!

My God is an awesome God! My bible is still MIA and its really starting to bother me. My bible was a gift for my 18th birthday from the Pastor of my tiny Church and is very special to me. I could get another bible but that's not the whole point! A new bible study starts on 4/4, so I better find it well before then!

The weather is sucking right now! Its icing. I'm leaving for work at about 6am. Joy. If I allow 3 hours and I'm still late, they can kiss my butt!

SML has been such a great friend lately. I know he's bothered by all my thump thump thumping, but that's okay. I'll pray for him. I am really lucky to have him as my friend. I don't think I've ever had a FRIEND like him before. Someone that 1) tells me like it is! 2) is there for me when/why/how/where ever 3) cares about me no matter how much mud we have dragged each other thru. He agreed to marry me if we are both single when I turn 35. So, a little less then 9 years & 9 months. All he'll have to do is quit smoking and turn his life over to Christ. Yay! He'd even let me homebirth my future babies without much of an arguement.

Today is Valentine's Day. For the majority, I think Valentine's Day is a Hallmark Holiday. Doesn't mean I won't except candy, cards, flowers, jewelry, etc. My issue with the holiday is, I would rather my (non-existant) significant other acknowledge that they care about me on any random day (when prices aren't jacked up!) then some day that Hallmark has basically glorified.

I'm dying to be cuddled with right now. WTF is wrong with me? I'm the girl that doesn't like to be touch 98% of the time. Why am I going thru cuddling fits?

Oh yeah, there was another red-head boy at Church this morning. Never seen him before, but yeah...easy on the eyes!

That's all she wrote...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home