The Spaz Says

My life is boring! I'll waste you time with a little of this, a little of that, and a whole bunch of nothing!

Monday, February 14, 2005

Who's Cheating Who?

This has been the most laid back uneventful Valentine's Day that I remember having since I was about 16. It was SO nice! I didn't even have to drop a dime on a card or anything! Its not that I mind spending money, I mind spending money when prices are jacked up because Hallmark or whoever tells us we need to buy cards.

Jo & I were watching 7th Heaven. They were ALL making a HUGE deal out of Valentine's Day. Jo & I realized we are odd or something. Valentine's Day just isn't a big deal to us, it never has been to my parents, so I guess that's where we get it from.

After work, I had to stop at Meijer for cat food. Joy. I was entertained by the 20 guys scrabbling in the card aisle, grabbing flower, balloons, and candy too. Seriously, if you are going to celebrate Valentine's Day, be a little creative.

I got a Valentine's Card in the mail from my Grandparents in FL. They are SO cool! They are some of my FAVORITE people in the world! No matter how old I am, I still get cards for all the silly holidays. Its great! For those that think my Grandparents spoil me rotten, there was NOTHING (no cash, no check, no gas/food/phone card) in the card. Just a sweet card to know they were thinking about me. Made me smile! I also got a cool email from one of my girlfriends last night. Its so nice to know that my friends & family love me!

I don't dislike Valentine's Day...I just really could care less. Now, all the lovey dovey crap that's been on the radio and TV today has NOT helped my huge desire to be cuddled.

AOL recently has switched their message boards over to a new format. I hate it for many reasons, but since the changes really went into affect, I haven't been able to get to the boards 50% of the time. ANNOYING.

Growing up I never had a bed time. From as long as I can remember (about age 4, when I started school), I went to bed when I was tired. My family uses the eat & sleep when you are hungry & tired gig. I have NEVER had to finish all my food either. Well, except when I had a mean babysitter, but that's a different story. Its what works for us. Tonight, at about 10:10pm, I am channel surfing on the living room couch. Dad comes out of his bedroom to get Mom something to drink and says "T, you should go to bed soon. You need your sleep." LMAO! I could count on 1 hand how many times I've been asleep for the night at 10pm in the past year. About 10 minutes later he came out again and was like "Didn't you hear me? I said you need sleep." Since I avoid as much conflict with my family as possible, I just came upstairs. I'm so lucky that I have a bathroom, bedroom, computer/scrapbooking/work out room all on the 2nd floor. If I only had a fridge/freezer, I'd be all set.

I worked 8.25 hours today. I left my office at 4pm, basically because I was DEAD tired and getting no where. Jess asked how late I was staying and I said "Until my work is done." She looked at me and said "T, it will all be there for you in the morning, get out of here." I think we both knew 1) I was tired and dragging 2) I had SO much to do, I could have easily been there until 6pm. You don't have to tell me twice! As I was trying to wrap things up so I could leave, she tells me that there is a meeting with Phil in the morning. GREAT. We knew it was a matter of time before shit hit the fan about how things went down while he was on vacation. Add on, that we got 4 new people today too...4 people that we don't have desks for. It was a CRAZY Monday to say the least.

The bowling event was all taken care of. I faxed the sheet to the lady in charge. All I had to do was collect everyone's money and sent it over to her with tomorrow's company mail. As I was going around reminding everyone that I needed the $ tomorrow the LAST person on my team decided he can't bowl. Of course, this was after I faxed the sheet, and it wasn't until I approached him about it. Why didn't he tell me this earlier? Annoyed...yep. So I found someone to replace him, but I haven't gotten it okay with the lady in charge. I'm not even going to call her about it until I get all the money and have that ready to send over. My team did get the last team slot. Yay! 50 teams, I don't know if they all are full 6 people teams or what. I want the silly paper work part done, I just want to bowl, drink, have fun, do a dance, sing a song.

Okay...I'm tired.

T out.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home