The Spaz Says

My life is boring! I'll waste you time with a little of this, a little of that, and a whole bunch of nothing!

Tuesday, February 06, 2007

A Better Way

So, I'm not at work today. I'm not sick. Do I feel bad about not going to work today? Not at all. There were circumstances well out of my control that unfolded last night/this morning, that made it not in my best interest to go to work. My friend didn't go to work either. It was a very scary couple of hours. A few good things did come out of it...

I'm home and its SCRAPBOOKING DAY on QVC! While I have NO money to buy anything, its still GREAT to watch!

I talked with my friend's Mom on the phone last night. My friend asked me to call her to update her on things. It was just nice to be able to pick up the phone and call her. I like her, she's kinda strange sometimes...but aren't we all. (To know the stress & mess I went thru with ST's family, is to know how SUPER this is for me!) I think she likes me too. Its just a nice situation!

Last night, at the start of the mess, I made a few phone calls to my friends. I don't know what I needed/wanted...but I needed to know someone/anyone was there.

Friends. I guess, I use that term loosely these days. Out of all my friends, the one that I expected to be there for me always, just isn't lately...and it sucks. I just need to understand that friendships change and people grow up/apart. (See, when P & I stopped being friends, it was more my choice, my terms...this friendship is just falling apart with me having no control.) The fact that 16 hours later, my friend still hasn't called/IM'ed/emailed to see if I'm okay, lets me know where I stand. I know people have lives too...but I'm sorry, if any of my friends/family leave me a voicemail as upset as I was last night...there is no way in hell, that 16 hours would pass without me checking on them.

Friends. I have said it time & time again, people won't understand it...but ST is one of the greatest friends a girl could hope for. I felt bad for burdening ST last night. He's 5 hours away & I'm sure had to feel helpless to have me on the phone basically flipping out. Then I had to cut him short to start dealing with the problems. My friend made sure that I called ST back right away, as soon as things were remotely calm/under control. (No the problem wasn't about my friend & I fighting...life is a little more serious then that) ST was so sweet, because while I was still dealing with the problems at hand, I needed him to know things were better and I was okay. He was like "T, are you SURE you are okay? are you SURE you are going to be okay?" I just love him to pieces. During all my pain of our breakup, if I knew I was going to get such a great friend, it would have made the pain lighter.

Today is TOY's birthday. He's 9. My baby nephew isn't the baby anymore...and he's not my baby anymore either. He's still as sweet & adorable as a baby though.

Super Bowl...the game was great in the 1st quarter, then I started to lose interest. How about the opening kickoff returned for a touchdown? GO Bears! That's a FIRST in Super Bowl history.

The commericals...blah. Not as good as in years past. 2 of my 3 favs were during the 1st commerical break after kickoff.

My top 3 favs...
1) It was Budweiser/Bud Light...Rock Paper Scissor.
2) Doritos (which was right after the Rock Paper Scissor)...about being bold & the chick falls in the street.
3) Another Budweiser/Bud Light one. About how to order Bud in different areas of the country, but if someone asks for your beer...say "No Speak English."

My 3 least favs...
1) Snickers...where the guys are working on a car & end up kissing, because they were eating a snickers bar from both ends.
2) GoDaddy.com, it was just supid for all the hype it got about being racey.
3) Budweiser again...with the people smacking each other.

My friend and I have a class tonight. A boating safety class to be exact. BUT, the school district (the neighboring one, not the one we live in) doesn't have school today due to the weather. No where online or TV does it safe if stuff is going on tonight. Call and no one answers. So, I guess we'll truck out into the bad weather to find out there is no class.

Remember, don't ASS-U-ME in life.

God is good, all the time. All the time, God is good!

2 Comments:

At Wednesday, February 07, 2007 1:15:00 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I know no one can calm you down like ST...but you might try to call your best friend (me duh!) when you are in trouble/need to talk...I know I would. I love you *hug*

 
At Saturday, February 10, 2007 10:10:00 AM, Blogger Boobless Brigade Master said...

Woman! I need your email address!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home